When life gives me overripe bananas, I turn them into banana bread. I’m so glad that this nugget of information proved to be valuable for all of you. It is a mantra I hope that you follow from now on. However, amidst the happy messages, someone slipped a food challenge into my inbox.
They pointed out that they generally end up with a single spotty banana instead of a bunch at their home. So the banana has to be tossed out since it isn’t enough to make the bread.
I promised my fellow foodie👩🏻🍳that I’d think of an alternative for this dilemma.
So I spend the week searching for the right recipe📚. I had almost given up when I remembered this classic dish.
What’s inside my breakfast bowl🥣?
My bowl is brimming with the nutritious goodness of rolled oats, banana , and creamy almond milk.
I dressed it up with seasonal fruits 🍓to make it more flavorsome. Each bite will feel like a warm cozy hug when you’re feeling groggy in the morning.
- 1 ripe, spotty banana
- 1/2 cup rolled oats @bobsredmill
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Chuck all of the ingredients into a small pot.
- Cook it over medium heat.
- Stir and mash the banana with a wooden spoon while the mixture cooks.
- Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes or till you get a thick and creamy mixture.
- Remember to stir frequently so the oatmeal doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pot from the stove and let it sit for a few more minutes for a thicker consistency.
- Add more milk for a creamier mixture. Stir well.
- Drizzle natural sweeteners (e.g. maple and honey) on top.
That’s it! You’ve got a quick hearty morning meal to tuck in. Also, it is a great way to keep your hunger pangs at bay till lunch hour.
💌 Stay tuned for more healthy recipes from yours truly👩🏻🍳!