Classic Crêpes 🥞 with Nutritious Nutella
Gather around foodies, it’s time for a history lesson.
Born in the town of rainy days and cozy cider, crepes are the ultimate comfort food.These scrumptiously stackable 🥞French🇫🇷classics came into existence centuries ago.
A time when the crusades waged and the sleepy town devoured crepe, as a substitute for bread.
Today💁🏻♀️, gazillion quirky fillings later, cooks are still fussing over the right way to make it.
The main cause of disagreement is to deliver a perfect version of this paper-thin pancake cousin. Cooks are always discussing flipping techniques, temperatures, and the right consistency.
I decode it all with this simple and easy-to-make recipe. What’s inside my perfect crepes?
My mess-free crepe recipe is deliciously nutritious as they are made primarily from low-cal ingredients. They get their dose of sweetness from gooey homemade chocolate 🍫 filling and fresh berry 🍓topping.
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dairy Free. Vegetarian
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ almond milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil + extra for cooking
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a smaller bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add ¼ of the mixture, at a time to get a silky smooth texture.
- Add coconut oil into the batter. Whisk well.
- Cover the crepe batter with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate it overnight (or at least 1 hr).
- Heat a large frying pan/crepe pan over medium heat.
- Grease the pan with oil before pouring ¼ cup of crepe batter. Make sure to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook for 30 secs to 1 min (or until the crepe looks cooked).
- Flip over to cook the remaining side (30 secs).
- Slather your crepes with homemade Nutella and top them with fresh fruits.
Overnight refrigeration keeps the crepe soft