Guess what I baked YET AGAIN?
Madeleine – the classic, French-style, mini sponge cakes shaped like seashells infused with zingy lemon zest!
As you can tell, I can’t get enough of this dessert.
This time, however, I decided to go dairy-free for a change.
If you’ve been thinking of treating yourself and your family to a dairy-free, homemade dessert, this is your sign.
Trust me when I say there’s nothing like the soft, buttery goodness of homemade lemon madeleine. Light and moist with the perfect amount of crisp on the outside and an intense lemon flavor, these petite sponge cakes make the perfect afternoon and evening snack you can devour with a cup of tea or coffee.
The lemon balances out the sweetness, while the honey adds a lovely aroma to these spongy cakes. I’m sure you’ll fall in love at first bite!
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 cookies 1x
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 ½ tbsps honey
- 1/2 cup plant-based butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk eggs with sugar to get a pale, fluffy mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt.
- Add honey and vanilla extract and mix.
- Sift and add the flour and baking powder.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Pour the butter into the mixing bowl and add lemon juice and zest.
- Whisk until everything combines.
- Refrigerate batter for approx. 2 hrs.
- Prep and grease your Madeleine molds with butter.
- Fill molds with 1 tbsp of batter.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 10-12 mins (or until cooked through).
- Let them cool.
- Make your ganache by tempering chocolate for the glaze.
- Dip each Madeleine in chocolate ganache.
Keywords: Lemon Madeleines, Dairy-free Lemon Madeleine, Madeleine, Dairy-free
o let me know how your lemon seashell madeleine turned out!