Is it just me, or does everyone go nuts about donuts?
You’ve probably noticed that I’ve got a sweet tooth .Delectable donuts are my weakness.
Back in the day, I could gobble up half a dozen mini-donuts in one go. It’s hard to do that now with my mission to stay healthy.
It’s why I decided that it’s high time that I learn how to make them.
I tried countless deep fried recipes but they ended up being oily and heavy.
So I opted for a low-calorie baked version instead. It’s the best way to get light and fluffy donuts.
So what’s inside these donuts ?
Hidden beneath its lilac layer are soft, fluffy donuts. They have a way of melting in your mouth and leaving behind a subtle nutty taste.
Best of all choosing plant-based ingredients keeps them on the healthier side of the dessert spectrum.
I decorated these donuts with a spectacular purple sweet potato glaze that gives it that aesthetically pleasing hue.
Once done, prepare yourself for these delicious melt-in-the-mouth goodies. You will have a hard time eating just one.
Please do tag your social media posts with @joufulhomecooking or use #joyfulhomecooking in your caption. That way, I can keep track and share tips with my favorite followers.Print
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g dairy-free white chocolate
- 2 tsp purple sweet potato powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a donut pan.
- Sift and mix the dry ingredient in a small bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a larger bowl. Add your dry batter and mix it with a spatula until it is slightly runny. Add 1-2 tbsps of flour if it is too runny.
- Fill your molds up to 2/3 full. Gently tap the mold on the countertop to ensure that it is even.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 15-20 mins (or until cooked).
- Let it cool on a wire rack once it’s baked.
- Mix your melted white chocolate with purple sweet potato Powder.
- Dip cool donuts into the lilac ganache.
- Place it in the fridge to set.
Keywords: Donuts, superfood, purple sweet potato, healthy donut, baked donut, vegan donut, vegan, dairy-free donut