Summer might be months away for some of you, but you can always use your imagination to bring it home.
Last year I served up some delicious tropical pineapple cookies to do just that.
Many of you asked for a video tutorial for the recipe. I finally found time to return to my summery treat.
Yet, I couldn’t help Joycify the recipe, even though it was already mine.
I read that a classic rendition of these cookies are a must-have delicacy during Chinese New Year celebrations. So maybe some of you can try my recipe to kick off the festivities in a healthy vegan way.
What’s inside these cute creations?
These sugar-free cookies contain an ooey-gooey center. The perfectly balanced plant-powered ingredients and naturally sweetened date filling make them a guilt-free indulgence.
It also makes these bite-sized melt-in-your-mouth munchies irresistible. Ronnie ate three before I snuck the tray away from him.
Tap and play to learn how to bake these nutritiously delicious cookies.Print
- Prep Time: 90 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
- Total Time: 1 HOUR, 50 MINUTES
- Yield: 20 COOKIES 1x
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp plant-based milk
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of matcha powder
- 200 g dates
- 3 tbsp of orange blossom water
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixing bowl.
- Add salt and vanilla. Stir well.
- Sift and mix your remaining dry ingredients into the batter.
- Add non-dairy milk to moisten and thicken the dough.
- Weigh out 50g of the dough and mix with matcha powder.
- Mix the remaining dough with ¼ tsp of turmeric powder.
- Cover both dough balls with plastic wrap and refrigerate for ½ hr.
- Divide the date filling and dough into 20 portions. Roll them both into balls. Use your palms to roll each dough and then flatten it to wrap.
- Add a date ball in the middle and fold the edges of the dough up to cover the filling.
- Dust the pineapple-shaped mold with cornstarch, press the matcha dough onto the leaf part of the mold, then place the round dough in and press.
- Assemble it in a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 mins.Enjoy!
Keywords: Mooncake, Kue Nastar, Indonesian pineapple cookies, Pineapple Sugar Cookies, Vegan Pineapple Cookies, Eggless Pineapple Cookies, Pineapple Tart Cookies, Pineapple Tart, Pineapple shaped cookies, Pineapple Tart Cake