Lately, our morning meals have been nothing but shots of caffeine ☕️and bowls of oatmeal🥣. So I decided to switch things up with this delightful spread.
The heart-shaped waffles are a wacky way to present a basic breakfast item.
Adding fresh fruits 🍓makes this meal more wholesome and filling. What makes this breakfast so special?
My oat waffles are made from healthy alternatives and a hint of vanilla. I paired them off with my favorite fruits, carefully sliced and diced to imitate a fruit basket.
Then add a drizzle of sticky maple syrup and honey 🍯 for the ultimate calorie-free indulgence.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- ¾ cup almond milk (room temp)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Then pour the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until all the ingredients are combined. (It’s okay if the batter is a little lumpy).
- Set the bowl aside to let the batter rest. (10 min)
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Stir the batter once more before pouring it into the waffle iron. The batter should cover the center completely, without overflowing.
- Close the lids for 25-30 seconds or until you get a crispy waffle.
- Transfer it to a baking sheet to cool.
- Repeat step 5-7 for the remaining batter.
⚠️Pro tip: Don’t stack the waffles. It makes them lose their crispiness.
Serve these nutritiously scrumptious waffles with seasonal fruits🍓. Then watch this beautiful breakfast uplift your spirits and keep you happy throughout the day.
Who’s ready to try it out🙋🏻♀️?