Guess who bought some new baking supplies?
I got these adorable cookie stamps that I had to try as soon as possible. It leads to a baking frenzy where Ronnie consumed more cookies than he ever had in a test trial!
He’s the official taste tester in the house. My man has the patience of a saint.
He knows how to calm me when I’m stressed out about perfecting a new recipe. Also, he ensures that none of the failed attempts goes to waste. That can mean burned, dry, or flattened cookies when I’m experimenting.
Yet, he’s never complaining.
After several test batches, I finally had that Eureka moment.
My cookies stamps add a lovely honeycomb-like texture to plain-old shortbread sandwich cookies. The dainty detail adds that joycified touch I always aim for with every baking venture.
What’s inside these cute cookies?
These melt-in-your-mouth buttery honeycomb lemon cookies have a refreshing taste with a hint of mint from their filling. The creamy honey oozes out as soon as you take the first bite, while the white chocolate ganache balances the subtle sweetness. I filled each of them with Ascania lemon-mint honey to create a faux lemon curd. It was the perfect ingredient to swap heavy curd with a lighter, nutritious layer of delicious goodness.
Like all shortbread cookies, they have a little crispiness that feels like you’re biting into an actual honeycomb.
Click to learn how to bake these bee-utiful cookies.
P.S: Whose the taste tester in your kitchen?Print
- Prep Time: 50 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 10 MINUTES
- Total Time: 1 HOUR
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, (add more if needed)
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 1 cup plant-based butter, softened
- ¼ cup cane sugar (Adjust to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- Pinch of turmeric powder (Optional for the color)
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 150 g vegan white chocolate, finely chopped
- 150 ml plant-based double cream, boiling hot
FAUX LEMON CURD:
- Lemon mint honey from Ascania
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- Make a dry batter with flour, cornstarch, turmeric and salt. Whisk to aerate and combine.
- Beat butter in an electric mixer until creamy. (Approx. 3 mins)
- Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Next, add the lemon and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, adding 1/3 of dry batter at a time.
- Whisk until combined.
- Scrape down excess batter from the sides.
- You should get a crumbly cookie mix that sticks together when you press it.
- Use your hands to form a cookie dough ball.
- Place dough between two sheets of lightly floured parchment.
- Roll out the dough. (Ideal thickness: ¼”)
- Use stamp cookie or cookie cutter to make shapes out of a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes (or until your cookies look firm and dry)
- Transfer the freshly baked cookies to a wire rack. Let them cool for a few minutes.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- In a medium size mixing bowl add chopped white chocolate, then pour the double cream on top.
- Let sit for 1 minute.
- Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours or until completely chilled.
- Remove from the refrigerator and whip until fluffy – about 1 minute or less. Do not over-whip, or the cream will separate.
- Pipe a ring of buttercream on one half of the cookie,then a blob of the lemon mint honey in the middle.
- Place the second cookie carefully on top.
- Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
Keywords: Shortbread Stamped Cookies, Lemon Linzer Cookies, Honeycomb Cookies, Linzer Cookies, Honeybee cookie stamp, Lemon Cookies, Honeycomb Bee Hive Pattern Cookie, Dairy-free Cookies. Lemon Shortbread Cookies, Stamped Cookies, Embossed Cookies,