Summer tastes like sweet mango and tangy citrus at my home. As we deep-dive into hot sweltering days, I decided to bring back an instant classic.
Lemon cakes are perfect for a lazy morning with a hot cuppa or peaceful teatime munching.
Each slice is light, airy, and delicious!
What’s inside this humble cake?
This sweet-tangy lemon cake is a simple treat for non-chocolate lovers.
It elevates the plain Bundt cake with the addition of zesty lemon that layers each bite.
If you want to turn things up a notch, you can whip up my fruity blueberry glaze for garnish.Print
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes, plus about 1 hour cooling time
- Yield: 14 servings 1x
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups blanched almond meal
- 2 cups organic cane sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 medium-size lemons ( juice & zest)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Blueberry glaze (Optional):
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (Sifted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep a Bundt tin by greasing it with melted coconut oil.
- Use a large bowl to mix the dry ingredients. Stir well, then add all the wet ingredients.
- Whisk the batter until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour batter into the Bundt tin and bake.
- Bake for 40 mins (or until the toothpick comes out clean)
- Let it cool for 10 mins on a cooling rack.
- Chuck all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend and stir.
- Drizzle on top of each lemon cake slice.
Voila! In less than an hour, you have a traditional teatime dessert on your table.
Tip: I used 100 g sugar to maintain my sugar quotient. Its sweetness was just right
Keywords: Vegan lemon cake