It’s never good when there’s flu in the air.
If you’re tired of sliced fruits, fresh juices, and supplements, I can serve a sweeter solution.
Presenting mouthwatering madeleines with a citrusy twist. I baked a combination of regular-sized and miniature madeleines to make this tea-time more fun.
Even though I swapped lemons for oranges to bring in the festive flair, Ronnie had other ideas.
He pointed out that these tasty treats worked as a natural immune booster too.
So I’m here to teach you how to amp your daily dose of vitamin C joyfully!
What’s inside these cute cake-like cookies?
These heavenly treats have a sweet buttery flavor with a nice tang from the citrus. A dairy-free chocolate glaze completes its lovely look.Print
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp. orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 3 ½ tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup plant-based butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp candied orange peel, diced
- 200 g dairy-free white chocolate
- 2 tbsp food color powder orange
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk eggs with sugar to get a pale, fluffy mixture in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt.
- Add honey and vanilla extract and mix.
- Sift and add the flour and baking powder.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Pour the butter into the mixing bowl and add orange juice and zest.
- Whisk until everything combines.
- Refrigerate batter for approx. 2 hrs.
- Prep and grease your Madeleine molds with butter.
- Fill molds with 1 tbsp of batter.
- Top with diced orange peel.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for 10-12 mins (or until cooked through).
- Let them cool.
- Make your ganache by tempering chocolate for the glaze.
- Dip each Madeleine in chocolate ganache.
Keywords: Orange Madeleines, Dairy-free Orange Madeleine, Madeleine, Dairy-free, Candied Orange Madeleines, Orange Zest Madeleines
Each bite brings in the nutritious goodness of its predominantly plant-based ingredients and zesty oranges.