When I first came to Dubai 🇦🇪, the multicultural lifestyle left me awestruck.
Its food scene is a melting pot of different cuisines and traditions. The grocery aisles are no different, which leads to more food experiments.
This time around, I celebrate our city’s uniqueness by introducing the Queen of Mangos–Sindhri Aam 🥭(mango).
This sweet aromatic fruit comes from #Pakistan 🇵🇰. It is the juiciest, pulpiest, and tastiest variety in the world.
Therefore, to do it justice, I whipped up an equally delicious dessert🍰.
What’s inside this sweet treat?
A simple recipe and all-vegan 🌱ingredients create a super soft sponge cake. Each bite is a delightful explosion of mouthwatering mango 🥭.
I topped it with fresh berries 🍓to give my naked cake a pop of color. It also turns it into a dessert fit for a queen💁🏻♀️!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or any veg oil)
- ¾ cup fresh mango pulp
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peel & chop the mangoes to make a puree.
- Blend until it is smooth.
- Use a sieve to remove fibers.
- Preheat oven (180º C).
- Sift the dry ingredients before mixing them in a bowl.
- Use a separate bowl to whisk the wet ingredients. Add your fresh mango pulp and mix until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet one in 3 batches. Add each batch when the batter is still floury.
- Fold the mixture to get a lump-free batter. (Don’t overmix!)
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Use a spatula to level the top.
- Release air bubbles by gently tapping the pan onto the countertop.
- Pop it in the oven.
- Bake for 45-55 mins. (Use a toothpick to check if it’s ready.)
Use 2/3 cup sugar if you prefer extra sweetness.
Slice and serve at breakfast or tea 🍵!
💌P.S: Ronnie scores it a 10/10 and wants you to try it too!