Nothing says fall like the aroma of pumpkin spice wafting from the kitchen. Am I right?
I’ve had this terrific fall recipe bookmarked for months— it’s sinfully sweet and oh-so-good!
I knew it was time to try it as soon as pumpkins popped up on my radar. It’s super easy to bake and has lots of wholesome plant-powered ingredients to meet your diet profile. I can guarantee it’ll be an instant hit with your family and friends.
You can customize the filling to give it your joyful twist. Then slather it with cream cheese frosting if you’re feeling extra indulgent.
What’s inside my tasty treat?
It’s stuffed with layers of buttery goodness, cinnamon, nutmeg, and gooey pumpkin puree. I tucked in pecans and raisins to give it a sweet and crunchy texture.
Drizzle in some maple syrup, and you’ve got an irresistible fall favorite at your hand. YUM!Print
- Prep Time: 40 MINS
- Cook Time: 30 MINS +2 HOURS(RISING TIME)
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- 4 cups white bread flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 200 g pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegan butter, melted
- ¾ cup lukewarm almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Prep a 9” round baking dish by greasing its sides and bottom. Set aside.
- Melt butter with milk over the stove (or microwave it). Let the mixture cook until the butter looks ‘just’ melted and the lukewarm mixture reaches 41°C.
- Chuck in the other ingredients (except flour and yeast) in a bowl (of a stand mixer). Whisk until mixed well, and then add your butter+milk and yeast. Continue whisking until combined.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix (with dough hook) for 1 min. Scrape the sides of the bowl if required and add the remaining flour.
- Knead dough on high speed for 5-10 mins till it reaches a smooth, sticky, stretchy consistency. Dust dough with more flour if it’s too wet.
- Grease another bowl before placing your dough. Cover the bowl and set aside in a warm place for 1-2 hrs or until dough doubles in size.
- Punch the risen dough to remove air bubbles and knead it for 30 secs.
- Dust your countertop with flour before rolling dough into a 12×18” rectangle.
- Spread coconut oil over the dough until it’s completely covered.
- Sprinkle raisins and pecans. Press them down gently.
- Slice the dough into 12” strips with a pastry wheel/knife. Roll each strip one at a time to form a swirl. Repeat till you have 8 swirls/rolls.
- Line the greased pan with baking paper before you assemble the rolls inside.
- Cover loosely and set aside to rise until puffy. (Approx. 30-50 mins)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pop the pan in the oven and bake till the internal temperature reaches 90°C. (Max 20-30 mins)
- Let baked rolls cool in the hot pan for ½ hr before carefully shifting them to the wire rack.
- Glaze buns with maple syrup
Keywords: Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls, Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls With Raisins and Pecans, Vegan Cinnamon Rolls