The holy month is upon us.
I may not fast or celebrate Eid festivities, but I can feel the positive energy in the air.
Living in Dubai has introduced me to so many cultures and cuisines. It’s truly a blessing to live here, amidst all of you.
As a token of love, I have decided to share some wholesome treats for Suhoor/Iftar. The reel video posted on my Instagram is dedicated to everyone who is fasting and striving to keep their diet in check.
It’s my way of showing you how to tuck in nutrient-rich dishes without compromising taste or presentation.
So what’s inside this delicious dessert?
I gave the classic cheesecake a Turkish twist to brighten your feed. My triple-layered dessert starts with a nutty pistachio crust and ends with a refreshing rosewater jelly. Nestled between these lovely layers is a lusciously creamy mousse.
Each bite of this Turkish delight is an explosion of Middle Eastern flavors wrapped in nutritious goodness. Yum!
All you have to do is whip it, stir it, and assemble it. (No baking involved!)
Lastly, I would like to wish all my Muslim followers Ramadan Mubarak.
May this auspicious month fill your homes with lots of joy and blessing. Hopefully, these tasty treats make it to your festive table and spread smiles all around.
Stay tuned for more mouthwatering recipes from yours truly.Print
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours + 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 cup raw pistachio
- 3 tbsp toasted coconut
- 2 tbsp raw cashews
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4–5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight*
- 3 tbsp rose water
- 1 vanilla bean pod caviar
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ tsp pink salt
- 1 cup water
- 2–3 tbsp cane sugar
- 4 tbsp rose water
- 2 tsp agar-agar
- 1 tsp pink pitaya powder
- Prepare a cake mousse mold. Place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the mold. Lightly grease the insides with coconut oil. **
- Chuck the crust ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until they turn into sticky dough. Shift the mixture into the pan and gently press it to form a thin crust layer.
- Set it aside.
- Use a high-powered blender to combine the ingredients for your creamy white mousse filling.
- Blend for 2 mins or until the mixture reaches a silky smooth consistency.
- Pour the filling onto the pan. Use the back of an offset spatula to create a smooth surface. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up.
- Start making the jelly layer once the mousse sets (and is firm to touch).***
- In a small pot, add water, cane sugar, rosewater and bring to a boil.
- Add agar-agar and cook until completely dissolved.
- Allow to boil for approximately 30 to 60 seconds.
- Turn off the heat, add pink pitaya powder for the color and allow to cool to room temperature before gently pouring over the top of the set cashew filling.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
*Soak the cashews in water for 4-6 hours. Or you can pour boiling hot water over the cashews then soak them for 1 hour. Later drain and blend as instructed.
**Greasing the pan makes it easier to remove the cake.
***The jelly would slip off if the mousse is not set.
Keywords: No-Bake Turkish Delight Cheesecake, raw cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, no-bake cheesecake, pistachio crust, pink pitaya jelly, vegan jelly, vegan mousse