- Prep Time: 20 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 1 hour + chilling time (1 hour)
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 12" CREPE CAKE 1x
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. pink salt
- 1 tsp. blue spirulina powder
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil + more for frying
FOR THE FILLING:
- 2 cups vegan whipped cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar to taste
- Use a medium-sized mixing bowl to sift and combine all the dry ingredients. That includes flour, salt, and blue spirulina powder.
- Whisk your apple sauce & almond milk in a smaller bowl.
- Pour ¼ of the mixture, at a time to the other bowl. Whisk while you add the batter.
- Add coconut oil into your crepe mix. Whisk until you get a silky smooth texture. Avoid lumps and clumps to ensure that you get paper-thin crepes.
- Cover the crepe batter with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 1 hour) to set the batter.
- Heat the frying pan/crepe pan by keeping the stove at a high medium heat.
- Then grease and season the pan with oil before pouring ¼ cup of crepe batter. The shorter sides make flipping them easier. Make sure that your batter spreads evenly.
- Cook crepe for 30 secs-1 min. (or until it is cooked).
- Flip over to cook the remaining side (30 secs).
- Repeat step 8-10 for the rest of the batter. You might have to adjust the heat to prevent the crepe from burning.
- Stack your crepes on a serving plate or baking sheet while you cook the remaining batch.
ASSEMBLE THE CAKE:
- Whip the cream till quite stiff, mix in the icing sugar.*
- Put the first crepe onto a flat plate and then put about 3-4 tablespoons of whipped cream on the crepe.
- Use an offset spatula to spread thin, even layer of cream to the very edge of your crepe.
- Place a crepe on top and repeat with adding cream and crepes until you’ve used up all of your crepes.
- Refrigerate the crepe cake for about 1 hour before serving.
Although I don’t add refined sugar in my recipes, I added a pinch of powdered sugar when preparing the filling, as it helps the cream become extra fluffy and silky.
Keywords: Vegan Crepe Cake, Vegan Crepe, Vegan Blue Spirulina Crepe Cake , Crêpe Cake, Mille Crepe Cake, Vegan Cake, Vegan Dessert, Vegan Whipped Cream, Vegan Dessert, Blue Spirulina Dessert, Eggless Crepe Cake, Vegan Cake, Dairy-free Crepe Cake, Blue Spirulina Cake